Kawakawa Massage Soap for Horses & Hounds
Kawakawa Massage Soap for Horses & Hounds
Our Kawakawa Massage Soap for Horses & Hounds is 100% natural and hand-made here in New Zealand. The natural ingredients and certified essential plant
oils such as Coconut, Sunflower, Almond and Herb-Infused Oil in our Kawakawa Soap are antimicrobial, antiseptic and anti-fungal. With base ingredients
including natural Kawakawa, Chamomile and Aloe extracts, the cleansing soap is naturally formulated to help with skin disorders, mud fever, rain scald and
bacterial skin complaints and allergies, and the plant and essential oils have been shown to help with deterrence of fleas, ticks, and other parasites. The soap
comes in a beautiful massage bar, designed to gently cleanse and provide relief while releasing tension and stress of achy muscles. Our soap has been
superfatted, meaning more of those rich and luxurious oils have been added to provide a more gentle and moisturising experience. Make bath time enjoyable
again for your pet and get that naturally glistening coat you've been searching for with our Kawakawa Massage Soap for Horses & Hounds.
NOTE: do not use any soap products on bleeding open wounds, soap is alkaline and can irritate proud flesh.
We do not use chemicals, alcohols, steroids, petrochemicals, fragrances, synthetics, carcinogens or preservatives in our soap.
Active Ingredients in our Kawakawa Massage Soap for Horses & Hounds:
Coconut oil, Sunflower Oil, and Almond Oil - are rich in essential fatty acids and gentle on sensitive skin as well as containing essential vitamins and
A rich blend of herb-infused oil- A process whereby a selection of organic medicinal herbs are cold-infused into the oil, a process taking weeks to achieve
by hand. Cold-infusing by cooling down or freezing the herbs into the oil will ensure that the fragile medicinal properties within the leaves are not lost in the
process. Our herbal blend contains:
- NZ Native Kawakawa extracts: Contains healing & soothing analgesic properties for skin. Well known in New Zealand as a medicinal plant, for its ability to assist in healing numerous skin conditions and irritations including eczema, rashes, burns, lacerations and many others.
- Calendula: Soothes & hydrates inflamed & infected skin. When infused into an oil is a powerful anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial agent, and antiseptic. One of the complex characteristics of Calendula oil is a compound called triterpenoid. Used topically to relieve dermatitis, eczema, mud fever, rashes, and irritated dry skin
- Chamomile flower: An age old medicinal herb used as far back as Ancient Rome. The plant's healing properties come from its daisy-like flowers, which contain volatile oils (including bisabolol, bisabolol oxides A and B, and matricin) as well as flavonoids (particularly a compound called apigenin) and other therapeutic substances. When applied to the skin it works to heal inflammation due to its anti-inflammatory properties as well as soothing and calming itchiness, rashes and other skin complaints. Chamomile is also known for being a relaxant for sore and achy muscles and to have a calming effect on people and animals.
- Nettle leaf: A number of biologically active compounds can be extracted from the nettle leaf which works to stimulate cells and therefore reduce inflammation and help extensively with allergies and rashes. Astringent properties of the nettle may also help to lessen swelling and bleeding from minor skin injuries by shrinking and tightening the top layers of the skin thereby reducing secretions and relieving irritation.
- Peppermint: Is an emollient and astringent and is stimulating, cleansing, restorative and healing. Used as a rubefacient (to stimulate capillary dilation and action) and applied directly to the skin for various disorders, this remedy helps relieve the pain and inflammation and reduces sensitivity in the skin arising as a result of external disorders.
- Aloe powder: The Aloe powder has a vast range of vitamins including Vitamin E, minerals, amino acids & enzymes, plant proteins, and liposomes. Aloe is generally known for its soothing, skin healing properties and has been used as a medicine for centuries to treat sunburns, scrapes, cuts, rashes, and dry skin.
- Comfrey: Used for thousands of years in traditional Chinese medicine. Comfrey has several medicinal properties including being astringent and it also increases cell production due to its high concentration of allantoin, causing rapid healing of a wound site. High in Calcium and Vitamin C to soothe and coat irritated tissues and reduce inflammation and scarring.
- Dandelion Root: Rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Iron, Calcium, and Detoxifiers. Contains a highly alkaline extract which has germicidal, insecticidal and fungicidal properties to fight skin diseases and soothe inflammation.
Extra pure certified essential oils including:
- Peppermint: Is an emollient and astringent and is stimulating, cleansing, restorative and healing.
- Lavender: Repels bugs and takes the sting away from bites. It is a natural antiseptic and anti-bacterial oil with good antioxidant properties
- Lemon: A calming oil that is also anti-infective, astringent, detoxifying, antiseptic and contains antifungal properties. Known to treat skin disorders.
- Lemongrass: Helps with infections and keeps the family pet flea and tick free and smelling nice.
- Tea Tree: Has anti-fungal, antiseptic/bacterial properties which aid with insect bites. This oil is also used extensively for its insect repellant properties.
- Cedarwood: Alleviates itching and inflammation and helps to repel fleas through its antiseptic, antispasmodic, astringent, fungicidal and insecticidal properties.
- Nettle: Works to stimulate cells through biologically active compounds reducing inflammation and helping with allergies and irritation
Green Oxide: A natural, skin-safe earth mineral used for pigment.
"I was given a sample of Bee Kinds Kawakawa Soap to trial as I have been searching for a natural soap to use on my dogs skin allergies. Every time I
have used a 'medicinal' shampoo from the pet store or vets it has stripped out all of his oils and made little to no difference! Well after using the Kawakawa
soap one time I can't believe the difference in how good my dogs skin looks! The inflammation and rash has completely disappeared and he isn't itchy
anymore. Not only that but his fur is so soft and smells amazing. Thank you so much! I'll be recommending it to all of my friends" - Sam, Bay Of Plenty
Posted by Unknown on 25th Apr 2018
My dogs love swimming in any type of water, so they often smell! This soap gets them super clean and smelling great.
Posted by Susan street on 20th Jan 2018
So far im loving this soap my dog has eczema and after using this it has improved already.
No allergic reaction for me or my horse!
Posted by Sarie Los on 14th Nov 2017
My horse and I both have very sensitive skin and react to most horse shampoos. But neither of us reacted to this soap and his coat had a lovely shine after using it.
Posted by Unknown on 7th Nov 2017
This soap is amazing!! Not only completely pure natural ingredients but it also works! It gives a thick lather, cleans really well and leaves my pup (and me!) with soft skin which smells delicious.
I love it!!!
Posted by Becky on 7th Nov 2017
This soap is amazing! It smells divine, leaves the coat soft and shiny, and you don't need to use much to get a good lather. It leaves you hands incredibly soft too! High recommended!!
Customers also viewed